Friday, May 17, 2013

Announcements Regarding Summer 2013 and Fall 2013

Students, it would seem that I have been recalled to teaching at Technical Career Institutes for the Summer 2013 term, something that pleases me greatly.  I have been assigned six classes once again, although the distribution is somewhat different than had become normal for me:

ENG 102: Freshman Composition II
ENG 202: Technical Writing and Presentation
HUM 110: Speech
LIT 203: Introduction to American Literature

I am still in the process of compiling materials for the classes new to me; please check back here and on the course webpages for new details.

It would seem also that I have been awarded a sabbatical leave for the fall, so I will remain employed by the school although I will not be teaching.  Instead, I will be conducting additional literary research, primarily on the process through which Malory's Le Morte d'Arthur became the canonical text of English-language Arthurian legend, although I may well work on other projects concurrently.  The idea is that conducting the research will help me to learn more, thereby allowing me to teach from a deeper and more refined understanding, and so my teaching will be better.  Also, I have some hope that the resulting scholarship will attract favorable attention, making it better to have been under my tutelage.

I am grateful to have the opportunities both to return to teaching and to focus on research in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment